Probably the most ambitious cover ever from newly created cover group Tsuki No Uta!
Tsuki No Uta is currently composed of 8 vocalists from Canada and the USA.
Song: MOON PRIDE
Anime: Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal
Original artist: Momoiro Clover Z
Join Tsuki No Uta’s Facebook Group.
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel
Chorale Sailor Production : The Tsuki No Uta Project
A Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal Song Cover Online Group ~ managed and directed by Canadian professional singer and recording artist Irulanne.
I am creating a friendly group of vocalists to record and produce high quality song covers from the new anime Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal. We are expecting the new anime to be released with a bunch of new and old songs, including the OP and ED themes by Momoiro Clover Z as well as Image and Insert songs by the new voice cast.
Additionaly, we will also record songs from the old anime, PGSM and the musicals. The more the merrier!
My goal would be to create a group composed of 6 or 7 vocalists and release at least one song every 2 to 3 months.
In order to audition and be accepted for this group, you will need:
1. Excellent recording gear and the ability to produce high quality vocal-only tracks/lines with no added effects and NO background noises.
2. To be very reliable, mature and capable of respecting deadlines for vocal tracks (usually 3 to 4 weeks per song). You also need to be willing to re-do lines if asked to do so. I will not require every vocalist to be in every song but a minimum of participation will be expected. Flaky vocalists, those delaying projects and those going MIA won’t survive in this group.
3. Strong Singing Talent. Being able to record harmonies is also a bonus.
4. A nice personality. This group is not a place for divas, drama-queens, trolls and self-absorbed/self-entitled individuals. If you are the kind of person to lose your sleep and butcher your lines because you were not assigned a solo in the current project, you won’t survive in this group.
5. To be a girl. Or have a female type of voice. Sorry guys.
6. To have an active Facebook account. Projects will be mainly discussed on a private Facebook group. This is not negotiable.
7. A good Japanese pronunciation.
8. Unconditional love for Sailor Moon – or at least, some knowledge of the musicography of the franchise.
You think you have it all? Wanna join this awesome group?
1. Record lines for the short version of Moonlight Densetsu as provided here (send your lines as one file in mp3 format).
2. Provide a link to your youtube/soundcloud/vimeo/etc account(s). Show me what you are capable of.
3. Tell me a bit about yourself (name, age, location, experience, vocal range, resume…) and why you want to join.
4. Let me know if you have any other talents (audio mixing, video editing, website designing, fanarts, harmonies…)
Deadline for the auditions for the First Generation of the group: July 1st 2014
Send your audition to : IRULANNE @ HOTMAIL.COM
If you see this post after the deadline and would like join, just send me an email and we’ll work from there. This won’t be a closed group and I will accept and add new vocalists as we go if they can respect all of the conditions above.
Lady Oscar aka “Versailles no Bara” was probably one of the first anime I was exposed to when I was a child. It was playing in French on the kid’s TV channel back when I was around 8 years old. Its the powerful and tragic story of a young woman forced to dress as a man and act as a solder in the French army a few years before the French Revolution. Versailles no Bara is still incredibly popular in Japan and has inspired the first musicals of the Takarazuka Revues. Although never adapted in English (A SHAME) this anime of the 70s is a world-known classic that every anime fan outthere should watch at least once. Its easy to get subtitled episodes.
After my friend Yota shared with me his karaoke version of the song (an original version was never released), I decided to record the song. I will also perform it live in a week for the Japanese New Year Party in town.
The fandubbing group Fighter4Luv finaly decided to use my [new and improved] recording of the English version of the Sailor Stars Theme for their latest release!
You may like it or not, it is a very tough song to cover – and there is no karaoke available without the Japanese backvocals so whatever you do in terms of mixing/editing, it will always sound weird. Plus my French accent, but that, can’t do much about it Still, I worked pretty hard on the song so… enjoy!
I highly recommend you “liked” the Facebook page of Fighter4Luv to see the videos.
It is with a mix of bitterness and happiness that I am releasing my cover of “Perfect-Area Complete!” – opening theme of the anime Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu and originally performed by Jpop singer Aso (Asou) Natsuko.
I recorded the vocals for that song more than a year ago after I was told that this song would be featured on an anime cover remix album.
Time passed by and the life circumstances of the artist in charge of the project changed and it was obvious, despite a very promising song sample, that the song would never be remixed and fully completed for official release. Finding out that the artist had also un-friended me on Facebook few weeks ago was the turning point in my decision to recover these vocals and release the song myself. Afterall, I had worked over 16 hours for the initial recording and mixing of those vocals and I couldn’t just let them sit on a back up drive. I am no fan of unfinished projects and I had to bring closure to that one before moving on.
That being said, I am already working on my next song and have also decided to release the full “enhanced” version of “Sayounara Musume yo”, an original song that was composed last year.
ENJOY!!! (and please, don’t be shy to comment on the youtube link and subscribe to my channel)