I replied to an “Audition Call” on STARNOW a few months ago.
A guy from Montreal was looking for vocalists for his symphonic metal/hard rock songs.
Being both originally from Montreal, we instantly clicked and decided to collab on a song right away; MEMORIES.
Here’s the final results after the vocals and the music were mixed and mastered by IRONDOG studio in Montreal. I think it sounds really good and I am really proud of it
Lyrics, Musics and Arrangements: Luc Germain
Mixing and mastering: Mario Randisi (a.k.a. Mr.Zee)
Photography by: Annie Brassard
We have recorded a French version of my debut single New Horizons!!
The traduction/translation was provided by a dear friend of mine – Damien Tremollet – with whom I used to sing and fandub back in the early 2000’s.
I am very please with this French version. It has a slightly different feel than the original yet features very meaningfull lyrics and nice vocals.
The song will be available on iTunes this coming Friday March 29th. Don’t forget to download your own copy
To be sure not to miss the release, RSVP for the event on Facebook!!!
Meanwhile, don’t hesitate to go follow the adventures of Heileen, a young girl travelling on a pirate ship
* * *
Nous avons enregistré une version francophone de ma chanson New Horizons!
La traduction et adaptation ont été produites par mon viel ami Yota (Damien Tremollet) avec qui j’ai eu bien du plaisir des années auparavant à chanter et faire du doublage amateur!
La chanson est vraiment jolie et un peu différente de la version originale.
La chanson sera disponible sur iTunes ce vendredi 29 Mars 2013. Prévoyez télécharger votre copie. Ca me fera vraiment plaisir
Pour ne pas manquer l’évênement, RSVP sur facebook !!!
En attendant, vous pouvez toujours jouer à Heileen 3, et suivre les aventures d’une jeune fille sur un bateau de pirate dans les Caraibes.
I was listening to my 2012 Singing Demo that was featured on the right corner of the website and I was like… I can do better than than! lol
That is why I worked on a new song mix with some of my favorite recordings but also the new ones from last year and early 2013. The goal of this singing demo is to show all my “different” voices and styles, my vocal range as well as my skills in 3 different languages (French, English and Japanese). Who knows, someone may be interested…. I have also used exclusively photos from live performances to demonstrate that I am an expenrienced live performer and that I can take on any stage with lots of presence and charisma.
If you were wondering, the songs performed are the following:
1. Arcane from Ave;new
2. SMILE from My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
3. Garasu no Hana from Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny
4. Danzai no Hana Guilty Sky from Claymore (Riyu Kosaka)
5. C’est La Vie from Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon
6. To Be Free from Ami Suzuki
7. Inori You raise me Up from Romeo x Juliet (Rena Park)
8. Carry On from Sailor Moon the NA English version
9. New Horizons from Heileen 3 writen by Matt Myers
10. Sayounara Musume Yo from Irulanne x Philip Rivard x Michael Dapello
11. My best Friends from The Fandub4Luv Sailor Stars Fandub
12. Sora wa takaku kaze wa utau from Fate/Zero
13. Yume no Kawa from AKB48
14. Stargazer from Gundam
15. Arrietty’s Song from The world of Arrietty (Cecile Cobeil)
16. L’amour a prit son temps from La Guerre des Tuques/The dog who stopped war (Natalie Simard)
17. Synchronicity from Tsubasa Chronicle (Yui Makino)
The countdown has started for ANIMUSICA 2.0, my Jpop concert at Ganime. I am now rehearsing every other day to make sure I am 100% ready for the big day! I have been pretty lucky so far not to catch any of the colds or flu going around at this moment (who doesn’t know someone’s who’s sick at the moment or who has lost his or her voice?!) so I cross my finger to remain healthy – and keep an healthy voice – until the convention! If you plan on attending the convention, please RSVP to the Facebook Event!
Animusica 2.0 follows the same pattern as the original Animusica show that was presented at Anime Revolution but with new material and the participation of additional vocalists! The show will also feature a 15 minutes long Sailor Moon tribute medley to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Sailor Moon franchise – and the upcoming 2013 anime! I will be performing my debut single “New Horizons” again, as well as an original song writen by my music partner Philip, and adapted in Japanese by Michael Dapello, the Anime North Idol 2011 winner!
Here’s my tentative schedule of appareances at Ganime:
SATURDAY January 26th
- 2:00pm to 3:00pm ANIMUSICA 2.0 – Main event room
- 3:15pm to 3:45pm Meet & Greet with fans (come say Hi after the show ^_^) – Lobby
SUNDAY January 27th
- 11:00am to 11:45am My Little Pony panel feat. Mark Nguyen as the host and Irulanne as the singer – Papineau Room
- 1:00pm to 2:00pm Gidol 2012 winner’s performance (feat. Irulanne and Clara) – Main event room
- 2:00pm to 4:00pm Gidol 2013 (judging) – Main event room
I hope to see a lot of you there!
Proof that you can’t never tell where a simple song collab can bring you!
I’ve met Alex Lam back in the early 2000s on Soundclick. This music producer/composer from Hong Kong needed a female vocalist for the Japanese version of one of his song “Never Stop”. At the time, I had recorded a “test” version but the project was dropped and we both moved on to other things. Few months ago, Alex got back to me, asking if I could provide vocals once again for the song – which would be featured on a demo album. I agreed and provided the vocals as requested. A preview of the song can has been posted on Youtube. Enjoy =D