Once again, I was the director of Entertainment for the Calgary Japanese Festival Omatsuri.
(I was also in charge of the website and the Facebook page, but that’s another story)
The Omatsuri was held on Saturday August 23rd at the Bowness Community Centre; a brand new location for our growing festival (+5000 attendees).
Throughout the year, I worked my butt off in order to be able to accommodate and schedule >100 performers, including singers, dancers, martial art artists, a pantomime from Japan, taiko drummers and so on! During the day, I was mostly in charge of the stage while my volunteers and helpers extraordinaire were managing the martial art demo area and the dressing rooms.
Even though the weather was a bit cold and windy, the festival was successful beyond expectation; the day went by super quickly and without major hitch.
I was able to sing a few songs during the day: I opened the programing with Asu to iu hi ga” (from Rimi Natsukawa), Blue Bird (from Ikimonogakari) and Kokoro no Kakera (theme song of PS3 game Ni No Ku Ni).
Unfortunately, this was my last year running the outdoor programing and entertainment. Being involved at that level is a lot of work – and I now found it hard to deal with the drama associated with running events and the constant trouble-shooting. We have decided that we would take a vacation next summer and go to France to visit my husband extended family – who are lovely and charming people. If next year’s Omatsuri do not overlap with our trip, I might end up singing there again. Who knows!
After intense auditions, I finally picked the vocalists that would compose the First Generation of Tsuki No Uta, the new online Sailor Moon Song Cover group!
The vocalists are Irulanne, Prissi, Skye, Eipuriruu, Mink, Moegan, Moonlight and Diagnosed!
I mixed all the auditions to produce the group’s first song “Moonlight Densetsu”.
We are currently working on our next song plus artwork for the new upcoming website and all the social media accounts.
Note that Auditions are always open and we are looking at adding more vocalists to the group as we go along and take on new projects. ENJOY!
Chorale Sailor Production : The Tsuki No Uta Project
A Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal Song Cover Online Group ~ managed and directed by Canadian professional singer and recording artist Irulanne.
I am creating a friendly group of vocalists to record and produce high quality song covers from the new anime Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal. We are expecting the new anime to be released with a bunch of new and old songs, including the OP and ED themes by Momoiro Clover Z as well as Image and Insert songs by the new voice cast.
Additionaly, we will also record songs from the old anime, PGSM and the musicals. The more the merrier!
My goal would be to create a group composed of 6 or 7 vocalists and release at least one song every 2 to 3 months.
In order to audition and be accepted for this group, you will need:
1. Excellent recording gear and the ability to produce high quality vocal-only tracks/lines with no added effects and NO background noises.
2. To be very reliable, mature and capable of respecting deadlines for vocal tracks (usually 3 to 4 weeks per song). You also need to be willing to re-do lines if asked to do so. I will not require every vocalist to be in every song but a minimum of participation will be expected. Flaky vocalists, those delaying projects and those going MIA won’t survive in this group.
3. Strong Singing Talent. Being able to record harmonies is also a bonus.
4. A nice personality. This group is not a place for divas, drama-queens, trolls and self-absorbed/self-entitled individuals. If you are the kind of person to lose your sleep and butcher your lines because you were not assigned a solo in the current project, you won’t survive in this group.
5. To be a girl. Or have a female type of voice. Sorry guys.
6. To have an active Facebook account. Projects will be mainly discussed on a private Facebook group. This is not negotiable.
7. A good Japanese pronunciation.
8. Unconditional love for Sailor Moon – or at least, some knowledge of the musicography of the franchise.
You think you have it all? Wanna join this awesome group?
1. Record lines for the short version of Moonlight Densetsu as provided here (send your lines as one file in mp3 format).
2. Provide a link to your youtube/soundcloud/vimeo/etc account(s). Show me what you are capable of.
3. Tell me a bit about yourself (name, age, location, experience, vocal range, resume…) and why you want to join.
4. Let me know if you have any other talents (audio mixing, video editing, website designing, fanarts, harmonies…)
Deadline for the auditions for the First Generation of the group: July 1st 2014
Send your audition to : IRULANNE @ HOTMAIL.COM
If you see this post after the deadline and would like join, just send me an email and we’ll work from there. This won’t be a closed group and I will accept and add new vocalists as we go if they can respect all of the conditions above.
And yes, I did it
(If you can’t watch the video due to some Youtube restrictions, email me. I will send you the facebook link)
And as always, my songs and recordings can be downloaded in the DOWNLOAD section ^_^
I replied to an “Audition Call” on STARNOW a few months ago.
A guy from Montreal was looking for vocalists for his symphonic metal/hard rock songs.
Being both originally from Montreal, we instantly clicked and decided to collab on a song right away; MEMORIES.
Here’s the final results after the vocals and the music were mixed and mastered by IRONDOG studio in Montreal. I think it sounds really good and I am really proud of it
Lyrics, Musics and Arrangements: Luc Germain
Mixing and mastering: Mario Randisi (a.k.a. Mr.Zee)
Photography by: Annie Brassard
My husband Mark (from The 404s Improv Comedy Group) insisted we record that song…
And we did it!
Don’t we look cute together?